UPDATED: Nov 07, 2019.
To keep your pool clean and dispose of any nasty dirt and debris, a handheld pool vacuum can come in handy to the owners of smaller/above ground pools, spas, or ponds. Though there are countless options for you to choose from, the functionality and range of power can vary greatly. Below are our top thirteen choices of the best handheld pool vacuums.
13 Handheld Pool Vacuums Products Reviews
The following reviews are intended to give the consumer some important information about the best handheld pool vacuums we could find on the market today.
1. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
This handy handheld vacuum made by Intex is sturdy and has a Ni-MH battery built-in that can be recharged. Users can easily clean the bottom of a pool in around twenty minutes.
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Easy to use
- Broom attachment picks up small debris
- Suction is not that good
- Would not hold a charge
2. Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
This product is Lithium powered, and within four hours is fully charged. The minimum depth for operating it is 9 inches at a 45-degree angle.
- Easy push button for on and off
- Operates for up to 45 minutes at a time
- Even great for spa seats and steps
- 30-day return policy and it broke after a month
- Not good at picking up sand
3. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
This one is similar to the Catfish Li and it is also Lithium powered. It also has a reusable X-Treme, multilayer filter included.
- Can use up to 60 minutes at a time
- Great for cleaning up small dirt and debris
- Extended warranty
- Worked once, needing repairs
- Lasted only a few uses
4. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li HD Swimming Pool and Spa Vacuum Cleaner
- Can work easily over floors and steps of pool/spa
- Has up to a 4-hour lasting time; no hoses or cords attached
- Arrives with a reusable large filtration bag
- The charger is poorly designed
- Might not last a long time
5. Kokido Telsa Telescopic Electric Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum is a telescopic pool vacuum. It is rechargeable and operates off batteries. The filter makes it easy and simple to clean.
- Handheld operation
- Vacuum mouth with bristles to scrub debris
- Can clean a 10’ wide pool in 10-15 minutes
- After only 2 uses quit working
- Suction not very powerful
6. Kokido Telsa 5 Max Vac Swimming Pool Vacuum
This above ground swimming pool vacuum is made by Kokida. It is the Tesla 5, 3-piece vacuum that is also rechargeable with an extra long (19.75 ft.) hose.
- Tesla 5 is a larger model
- Adapters to adjust to a larger or smaller pool
- Has a minimum suction rate of 500 GPH
- Appears to just stir the dirt up
- One of the plastic tabs broke
7. OASE Pondovac Classic Pond Vacuum Cleaner
This pool vacuum cleaner is made by OASE. It has a maximum depth of six feet for high power suction.
- A suction hose that is 13 feet long
- 110/120 voltage power
- 60 Hz consumption of power (at 1200-1400w)
- Only has suction for 12 seconds before draining
- Worthless as a dry vac
8. Bestway Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum
This handheld vacuum is made by Bestway. It is a pool vacuum that comes with a battery that is rechargeable.
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 40 minutes
- Submersible body
- Removes debris and filters water
- Appears to be missing a piece to connect the handle
- No return policy
9. Bestway SaluSpa USB Rechargeable Pool Vacuum
This rechargeable pool spa vacuum made by Bestway is the perfect way to clean pools and spas underwater.
- Perfect for pools, jacuzzis, and spas
- Several wheels and brushes
- Simple use
- Was not what was expected
- Not worth the cost
10. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Underwater Stick Vacuum
This handheld unit is a p3500k model unit that can attach itself to common pool poles. It can be used to pick up fine sand and those pesky dead leaves at the bottom of the pool or pond.
- Microfiber particle filter
- Wireless charging
- It’s run time is over 1 hour (plenty of time to clean!)
- Must be fully submerged for product efficiency
- May have trouble with picking up leaves of a smaller length
11. Patriot CleanSweep 1400 Vacuum
This handheld pool vacuum provides you with a fast way to rid yourself of all that muck and debris in your fish pond, water garden, or swimming pool.
- 1400 watt motor to dislodge persistent sludge
- 12’ power cord and 13’ foot intake hose
- The unit operates on a continuous intermittent cycle
- Outflow tube is of modest length
- The bag may fill up quickly
12. Matala Pond Vacuum II Muck Vac
This pool vacuum works when you’re looking to remove algae, leaves, sludge, dead plants, and small pebbles in ⅜” diameter ponds.
- 8’ long drain hose and mesh bag
- 5 extension tubes measuring 15”’ long
- Autofill and drain cycles (for easy water disposal)
No check valve on the tube
Must wait 25-30 seconds for the tank to empty
13. Water Tech Pulse Pool Vacuum
This is a handheld vacuum with no cords or hoses attached to it. It’s easy to clean and comes completely set-up for you to use right away.
- A push on/off switch
- Runs for up to 45 minutes on a single charge
- Large cleaner for debris
- Poor suction
- The charge does not last long after first use
These pool vacuums all belong as they are all made by well-known manufacturers and have excellent customer reviews.
If you own a pool or spa, buying the best handheld pool cleaner is important. Though they are available in a number of sizes and shapes and capabilities, it is important that you find the one that fits your family needs the best.
How To Choose A Pool Vacuum?
When you are looking for the best pool vacuum, you need to ensure that vacuum you decide on for your pool or spa has the right amount of suction power. As well as being able to clean the debris you have most commonly at your pool or spa. Do you need to cleaning sand, dust, leaves, or pine needles? You need to ensure that you’re buying a handheld pool vacuum that is capable of cleaning this easily.
Advantages Of A Pool Vacuum
The main advantage of having a good pool vacuum is the extra time you can spend with your loved ones and less time cleaning your pool. The pool vacuum you have should have debris bags that are easy to dispose of. As well as be able to hold as much debris and junk as possible.
Things To Look For
Keep the length of the hose in mind while you’re looking for your product. You should have a hose that is long enough to clean the entirety of your pool.
Suction Power is also important because you can assure that the vacuum is providing the right amount of suction power to clean the pool or spa so that it is the cleanest it can possibly be.
The pool, spa, and pond vacuum cleaners listed in this guide will show you, the consumer what the best handheld pool vacuums are available on the market today.
This buyer’s guide will ensure that you have the best opportunity to buy the best pool vacuum to meet their families needs. You will be certain to find just the pool vacuum you are looking for once you have reviewed all the handheld units in this document.