When looking for a hot tub cover for your home, you have to give importance to a lot of factors. Its strength, capability to handle rough weather, size, and looks are just a few of them. Since the product is meant to be bought to last you for some years use, you must not just pick the first one that you lay eyes on.
Detailed Reviews of 9 Best Hot Tub Covers 2020
Careful analysis of each factor and the features of the top 9 products are important for you to make the correct choice. Here we have done the same and you can understand what makes each product in this category different from others.
Read on to know more about the same:
1. Classic Accessories Ravenna Square Hot Tub Cover
This unique looking hot tub cover fits any tub of the size 94-inch width and length and has a height of around 14 inches. The product comes with a lifetime limited warranty and you can seek help for it whenever any issue arises.
It is made with a woven polyester fabric and has a laminated backing which does not have any kind of chemicals present in it. There is an adjustable cord given which helps you get a custom-like fit on your tub. Plus, self -supporting air vents ensure that the ventilation for your hot tub is not compromised.
Alongside you have padded handles as well so that you can easily place and take off these covers from your hot tub.
- Lifetime warranty
- Laminated backing and woven polyester fabric making it durable
- Adjustable cord to help the cover fit your tub
- Air vents provide the best ventilation
- Padded handles for ease of lifting and placing back
- Flimsy and may get torn due to weather impact
2. Porch Shield Square Hot Tub Cover 85 inch
The cover of this product is made of 600D polyester fabric and is water-resistant and capable of staying strong against the onslaught of rough weather. It helps to extend the life of your hot tub by a couple more years.
With a strong 3 year warranty behind it, the cover is one of the sturdy options available.Having double-stitched seams at the sides’ means that the chance of any wear and tear is reduced considerably. On both sides of the cover, you have air vents that provide for extra ventilation that is required to keep your hot tub secure.
Plus additional handles have given ensure that placing and removing the cover is an easy process. Often there is the fear of heavy winds blowing away the cover but not in this case. There are multiple locking systems or adjustable slider buckles which take care that the cover stays intact however strong the gale may be.
At the bottom, you get the benefit of quick-release buckles that help you fit the cover securely on your hot tub.
- High-quality 600D polyester fabric used
- Water-resistant backing giving strength against weather impact
- 3-year warranty against defects
- Air vents at both sides for extra ventilation
- Multiple locking systems ensuring appropriate fit to the cover
- Handles make it easy to put and remove the cover
- May not be perfectly fitting in some cases
3. Beyond Nice Deluxe Hot Tub Cover
This extra-strong cover from Beyond Nice is made to fit any tub of 96 inches width, length, and diameter. It has standard foam cores which taper from 5 inches thickness in the center to 3-inch thickness at the edges.
Along with a trustworthy 5-year warranty helps you get a replacement in case of damage and waterlogging. The tub cover has two nylon fitting handles, one on both sides. Made of marine-grade polyester thread the cover is sturdy enough to survive rough weather.
There are also 4 locking down straps which mean that the cover remains at its place even if the weather is not being fair. In this unique product, you also receive the benefit of polyethylene vapor barriers which keep all the moisture away.
This means that at least because of moisture your tub would not get affected. The mildew resistance you get along with the cover keeps your cover too safe for long.
- Easy fitting on any kind of tub
- 5-year warranty meaning long term association
- Nylon fitting handles
- Strong material used providing mildew resistance as well
- Polyethylene vapor barriers keeping moisture away
- Quality may be an issue
4. Hot Tub Outdoor Heavy Duty TPU backing
Looking for some really strong covering for your hot tub then this is the item you should be looking at. The product has a TPU backing layer which is much better than polyester and hence capable of surviving for long.
Apart from that this material is resistant to water, ice, oil, mold as well. All these qualities take care that your hot tub remains protected from things like rain, bird droppings, dust, hail, UV rays, etc.
There are adjustable wind belt & cords which you can fit in a manner that your cover would not fly away even if the harshest of winds are blowing. It is also anti –color transfer so you cannot be satisfied with that aspect too.
Along with you also receive a 3 years product replacement guarantee which is a big help in case of any fault. The product quality has been created such that this hot tub cap lasts for 4-5 years without even requiring a change in between.
- TPU backing layer which is stronger than polyester
- Ice, water, mold and oil resistance
- 3 years replacement guarantee
- Adjustable wind belt and cords to tighten the cover
- Maybe a misfit for tubs of other shapes
5. 84 x 84 Inch Replacement Spa Cover and Hot Tub Cover
Available in two colors the product measures 84*84 inches and has 6-inch radius corners. It also has a 4 inch to 2-inch taper and two keys which help it to stay in the downward position. The warranty you get is of one year but the product is ASTM rated which is a strong point again.
Manufactured from special commercial grade vinyl cover is high on quality and the double stitching providing makes it durable too. There are also aluminum c channels that give the cover support that it needs to stay for long.
On the underside material, there is a breathable material that lets the water dissipate and is resistant to chlorine and bromine. Along with childproof locking tie-downs and matching handles ensure that the cover does not get damaged by the impact of wind or rain.
- ASTM rated
- Double stitching and vinyl construction
- Aluminum C channels for extra support
- Handles and locking tie-downs keep the cover intact
- Chlorine and bromine resistant underside material
- Not as sturdy as proclaimed
6. Duck Covers Essential 86″ Square Hot Tub Cover Cap
Quite lightweight the cover is one among the less expensive products available on the list. It is made of water-resistant materials so you can be assured of it not succumbing to the impact of weather and would survive for some years at least.
There is also the provision of an elastic hem cord with a toggle which takes care that this cap stays in place. Along with the ultrasonic welding done at the seams takes care that there is no leaking happening.
To ensure that the cap does not break down after a year or so you get the double stitched hem at the bottom.
- Ideal for moderate weather conditions
- Elastic hem cord with a toggle to make it stay in place
- Ultrasonic welding ensures no leakage
- No way in which you can tighten the cover as per the size
7. My Spa Cover Hot Tub Cover
The product here is slightly different than the rest as it offers the customers a customized cover as per the size of their hot tub. Normally their cover fits any tub within range 96”x 96”. However, once you purchase the product the team contacts you and creates the cover size that fits your tub.
A very high-quality marine-grade vinyl is used to make these covers and its insulation feature makes the cover unique. Along with the cover is available in nearly 10 colors and this ensures that you can get one as per your choice.
To take care of the durability part the product is stitched on double seam. Along with a 5-year warranty makes this is a worthy product to invest your money in. These covers have been made keeping energy efficiency in mind and you can easily save $ 80/year in energy savings using this cover.
- Customized size fitting as per need
- Double seamed stitching to add durability
- 5-year warranty
- 10 colors to choose from
- Energy-efficient covers made of marine-grade vinyl
- Lightweight material not for long term use
8. Square Hot Tub Cover, Heavy Duty Hot Tub Chemicals Protectors
Made of 600D waterproof oxford material this hot tub cover is 88*88 inches size. The quality of material used is such that the cover remains dust and water-resistant thus ensuring proper care of your hot tub.
Being durable, the cover does not fade even if you keep it out in the sun for long. The cover uses Velcro design which ensures the ease of placing and taking it off. Provided with adjustable ropes you can fix the cover to the top of the tub without any problems.
The cover apart from being suitable for your hot tub can be used for many other purposes and other furniture as well.
- 600D oxford material
- Water and dust resistant
- Color does not fade even after long use
- Velcro design ensures the product can be easily used
- Adjustable ropes to fix the cover
- Can be used on other products also
- Cannot survive in the heavy wind blowing
9. Beyond Nice Basic Hot Tub Cover, Custom Made
Having a 96*96 inch size this hot tub cover is one of the best options you can get for snow protection. The product has been made in compliance with the ASTM standards and this kind of is proof of its quality.
Alongside you also receive a 5-year warranty where you get a replacement in case of waterlogging. This product uses non- corrosive Galvalum metal C channels and this stuff is around 30% stronger than aluminum.
In order that the moisture remains away from your tub the product has been provided with polyethylene vapor barriers. The material used for making the product is marine-grade vinyl which is mildew resistant and hence equipped to last you for a good time.
On each side of the fold, there is one nylon lifting handle which you can use promptly to pick up and place the cover where it is required. At the end of each hinge, you would find the steam stopper seals which keep your hot tub safe. You would also find 4 locking down straps that would hold the cover even in case of severe winds.
- Perfect fitting and durable material
- Polyethylene vapor barriers keep moisture away
- Mildew resistant material
- Locking down straps to keep it in place
- Galvalum metal C channels used which are stronger than aluminum
- Steam stopper seals keeping the tub safe
- Lightweight and inferior quality
It is normal for us to buy the first product that we get to know of especially in a category like hot tub covers. However, if you do not do your share of research you may end up with an inferior quality product.
In case you are also bogged by the question of what is the best hot tub cover, we have done your share of research and are bringing you the answers. Go through the list and chose the product that matches your needs the most.
Our detailed analysis shows that each product has some strong points and some weaknesses. To ensure not making any wrong decisions, you must read carefully and choose wisely.