UPDATED: Nov 1, 2019.
Summer has a great impact on our modern lives. It is synonymous with fun and frolic. As we mention fun, it kind of remains incomplete without the existence of a swimming pool. Pool or any water body per se helps us to deal with the stress of our daily lives through multiple ways whether jumping in and splashing or having a quiet time staring at it.
In the urban jungles, we live in modern times; affording swimming pools can be a long shot. In addition, getting out of your apartment to join the community pool can sometimes be a bit time-consuming. To solve this dual problem, frame pools can be considered as a good alternative option.
Detailed Reviews of the Best 7 Intex Ultra Frame Pools 2019
The following exhaustive reviews of the 7 foremost Intex frame pools would be of sure help whether you are a novice or an expert pool shopper. Please go through the reviews of the top 7 frame pools:
1. Intex Ultra Frame Pool – 14 feet by 42 inches
This framed pool is circular in shape. It is supported and kept in position with the aid of steel frames that are durable and strong. A ladder is also provided for better support. The look is chic as well as contemporary and therefore spells luxury. A filter pump is available to fill in the pool with clear water just in forty-five minutes.
There are outlet fittings provided as well with dual suction capacity. This feature helps to improve the circulation of water for better hygiene. It is duly advised that the pool should be set up in the firm ground and soft areas like loose soil, mud or sand should be avoided
- The set-up is easy and hassle-free.
- The size of the pool is huge which helps to have a great time hanging out with family and friends
- There have been many issues about the rapid rusting of the steel frame.
2. Intex Ultra Frame Pool – 26 feet by 52 inches
A round-shaped one, this pool is well supported by its strong and sturdy steel frame. The PVC Cover is laminated as well. It also consists of layers with three different materials. This feature provides extra durability along with the strength of the pool. It also comes with accessories like ground cloth, debris cover, a ladder and a pump with sand filter.
- The assembly of the pool is easy and can be done quickly without any expert help.
- The vinyl cover is quite strong and is resistant to wear and tear.
- The liner area at the seams is a bit fragile and takes more attention to prevent it from tear
3. Intex Ultra Frame Pool – 16 feet by 48 inches
The round pool is a larger version of its sister counterpart. It is kept well in place with the aid of a strong and sturdy steel framework. The ladder provided as an accessory also helps to keep the pool in a firm position. The look is stylish and posh.
It takes a bit more time to fill up with the pump that is provided, because of its larger size. Just like its smaller counterpart, it is advised not to set the pool up on any soft surface.
- It is quite easy to set the pool without any hassles
- The pool size is even bigger; big enough to invite the whole neighborhood
- The steel frame is prone to rusts, so special maintenance needs to be done for it
4. Intex Ultra Frame Pool – 18 feet by 9 feet by 52 inches
The pool is rectangular shaped with huge dimensions. Apart from the regular accessories of pump, cover, ground cloth and ladder, it comes with some extra pieces. They include two loungers with cup holders and coolers. Needless to mention both the loungers and the coolers are inflatable.
Another feature that makes it dapper is that it is elevated from the ground with the aid of the steel framework. This feature helps to clean the underside of the pool easily and resists wear and tear from the surface. The rectangular shape works well for longitudinal open spaces. It should not be installed on uneven or inclined surfaces.
- The additional accessories of loungers and coolers make pool time all the more fun and enjoyable
- The rectangular shape is quite effective for narrow spaces and lap swimmers.
- The pump is a bit low functioning
- The ladder is shaky
5. Intex Ultra Frame Pool – 24 feet by 12 feet by 52 inches
This rectangular pool is a larger version of the previous pool that we have discussed. The large size is quite effective when you are looking for a fun day out in the pool with lots of pool games. The pool also serve as your exercise space where you can have easy laps of your morning or night swim.
Apart from the regular accessories cover, ground cloth, filter pump, and ladder, there is another feature that is not only useful but also adds to the safety measures. The is a circuit interrupter for ground faults that stop electric supply in case the live wires come in contact with water or earth.
- The large size of the pool is great for buyers who take up swimming as a daily activity
- The pool is deemed to provide the good value of the money invested
- The cover does not hold up great, so replacement covers are needed quite soon
6. Intex Ultra Frame Pool – 18 feet by 52 inches
This round pool can serve as a nice accessory to your backyard garden in the summers. With its simple assembly and practically maintenance-free features, this pool has successfully been able to attract the attention of many potential pool buyers.
It comes in with the set of regular accessories, cover, ground cloth, ladder, and a filter pump. Apart from the common set of accessories, it also comes in with a Winterizing kit, which consists of one winter floater (1.65 pounds), Liquid Winterizer (1 quart), Non-chlorinated oxygen shock treatment (1 pound) and Stain Out for winter (1 quart).
- Winterizing kit helps to keep the pool as is in the winter season, without much need of maintenance.
- The dual outlets and a single inlet ensure better safety
- Some issues have been reported with respect to the rust that occurs in the framework
7. Intex Ultra Frame XTR Pool – 32 feet by 16 feet by 52 inches
This magnanimous rectangular pool gives you the dream summer pool chronicles, that you might have been chasing your entire life. Apart from the regular accessories of filter pump, ladder, cover, and ground cloth, this pool also provides a Deluxe Maintenance and Cleaning kit.
The Deluxe kit comes in with many things like a vacuum, a telescoping pole and a skimmer. This array of accessories is your weapon against any water clarity related issues. They would ensure that the water of your pool remains clear and pristine without much further maintenance.
- The maintenance of the pool is quite easy, as it only requires regular backwashing and a routine replacement at an interval of five years
- The time required to fill the pool is much more than the advertised time of 90 minutes
A Quick Guide to Buy Framed Pools
In order to get a framed pool, you might need to do a lot of homework and research. This article will definitely provide you with an insight into getting such framed pools thereby saving your time and effort.
Know the laws
Different cities have different laws with respect to pool allowance. Check with the local municipality before buying one
Almost all the pools need a solid and strong surface for installation. Check the ground before buying a pool whether it will be able to withstand or not. In addition, uneven and rocky surfaces should be leveled out because the protruding rocks and boulders can slit a hole in the vinyl layers
The maintenance procedures of different pools vary from one another. Check locally if the required maintenance supplies are available quickly and easily and then decide to get the pool.
Beware of electrical hazards
All the pools are equipped with pumps for filling water. It is advised to undergo a thorough research about the safety measure of the pump and other electrical accessories that come in with the pool.
Pools are considered a huge investment for your homes. They not only make the space beautiful but also add an element of socializing and hanging out place. Therefore, it is extremely important that the factors discussed above should be ardently researched before getting a pool for your home.
Apart from the pre-purchasing research, attention should also be given for its due and proper maintenance at regular time intervals. This routine should be religiously followed to ensure that the water quality is kept at its best.