UPDATED: Oct 1, 2019.
Having a swimming pool is one thing and making it suitable and safe for adults and kids is an entirely different thing. To ensure you don’t have a dirty looking pool and that provides an enjoyable experience to your family members, consider accessorizing it.
The Best 10 Pool Accessories You May Want to Buy
From cleaning and safety accessories to inflatable toys, you can find a whole range to choose from. Here are some interesting options to consider:
1. Poolmaster Waterfall Fountain
If you’re after one impressive pool spa fountain designed specifically for smaller pools, buying this one from Poolmaster is your best bet. It’s a good water feature that not only doubles your enjoyment in the pool but it also lowers the temperature of pool water. You can also use it for decorative purposes.
Something that sets this waterfall fountain apart from many of its competition is that its spray head is adjustable. It means you can adjust its height as well as the direction of flow. It helps you adjust it as per your pool size and requirement.
This pool spa waterfall fountain is not that tricky to install, especially compared to many other brands. However, some users still say that it would have been better to have comprehensive installation instructions.
Truly, instructions make it easier, especially if you are installing this waterfall for the first time. You might even need the assistance of someone experienced. However, if you follow the fitting procedure in the correct sequence and tighten all fittings really well, things would get done easily.
- Above-ground and in-ground water feature
- Adjustable spray head
- Easy Installation
- Limited Instructions for installation
2. Jasonwell Giant Inflatable Unicorn
This Inflatable Unicorn Pool Float by Jasonwell makes an ideal gift for kids’ birthday parties and is also loved as a Christmas present.
The size of this inflatable unicorn is one plus point. It’s not huge, but it’s quite enough to hold 2 adults under 400 pounds. Though it is usually used as a kid’s toy for doubling up the fun in the pool, it also makes a great decoration in your backyard for special occasions.
The inflatable floating water fountain is very durable and has fast valves for quick deflation and inflation which makes it a portable fountain to carry along for picnics. Though the unicorn is safe to use, you still can’t leave the kids playing with it unsupervised. Adult supervision is mandatory.
- Giant size floating fountain
- Premium quality
- Durable material with fast valves for inflation and deflation
- Not safe for unsupervised use by children
3. Nepta Blossoming Water Fountain
This modern and stylish water foundation from Nepta is an impressive decorative accessory for your ponds and pools. It can really enhance the atmosphere of your backyard setting and boost up your pool parties.
Something that makes this triple tier water fountain a real head turner is its adjustable water height and volume feature. Its water flow height can be set anywhere between 3 to 10 feet and is super mesmerizing to view with its max height.
Installation is not going to cause any serious problem either, as it comes with adaptor kit that can fit well with most of the pool`s inner fittings. It also complements the pool cleaner inlet fittings of some pools. This makes it useful for commercial purposes along with outdoor garden decor.
Overall, it is a great buy, but do keep in mind that where its large size makes it impressive, it also makes it ‘non-portable’. Other than this, it serves you well once installed.
- Good floating fountain for decoration
- Adjustable volume and height of water flow
- Adapter kit fits in all types of inlets
- Non-portable and bigger in size
4. Jasonwell Inflatable Drink Holder
This drink holder from Jasonwell brings convenience to your pool experience. Simply load it with your favorite drinks and snacks and let it float with you in the pool.
Unlike many other similar products, it is not only convenient but has a super adorable appearance. The cloud-shaped drink holders with rainbow shaped and colored handle make you stand out in your pool parties.
It can hold up to 5 cups or cans of drinks. Additional drinks can be loaded in snack chest with ice to keep them cold. Overall, it’s good, but it cannot accommodate big groups of friends and is ideal for small groups and parties.
- Floating convenient pool cup and can holder
- 5 cup holes along with a snack chest
- Fast inflation and deflation
- Not suitable for big groups and pool parties
5. Pool Buoy Plus Floating Umbrella
This fully adjustable umbrella comes with an open pool buoy and is quite convenient to use. The fact that it is a UV rated umbrella makes it offer a better value for your money.
The umbrella with tabletop is up to 5ft and 7 inches, which makes it large enough to use properly. Another good feature is that it is wind vented and also comes with a ShadeLoc. The lock ensures the umbrella stays securely attached to the tabletop.
The float buoy tabletop looks quite durable too and performs nicely, thanks to the use of good quality ABS plastic in construction. The tabletop is capable of holding up to 38 pounds above water. It also comes equipped with five cup holders.
The performance and quality of the product make it quite impressive, but some users have complained about cup holders being a bit wobbly. A simple fix is to add a kids inner-tube under those cup holders and it works just fine.
- UV rated umbrella of high quality
- Large open Pool Buoy for convenience
- Suitable for use in chlorinated pools and saltwater
- The cup holder is a bit wobbly
6. ECEEN Waterproof Speakers
If you’re looking for wireless floating speakers that are shockproof and dustproof as well, ECEEN might have the right option for you. This wireless speaker comes with IP67 rating, so you don’t have to worry about it getting affected in water.
Its floating design is quite impressive and ensures that the speaker stays floated while playing music – you can leave it submerged in 3ft of water for up to half an hour without experiencing any issues.
The sound quality is nice and the connectivity is reasonably good. You can connect it to your smartphone or computer in 5 seconds. The only issue some users have reported is related to long distance connection.
Nevertheless, it’s a great choice if you want a speaker with a long battery time. In most cases, it offers a playtime of up to five hours, which is better than most devices you find in this category.
- Splash-proof, wireless speaker
- Waterproof with IP67 rating
- Floating design with a unique sound
- Need to stay close to maintain connection
7. GoFloats Drink Holders
These drink holders from GoFloats allow you to enjoy your drinks in your pool and let you do it in style. You get a pack of three drink holders and get to choose from a variety of designs, including palm, flamingo, unicorn, etc.
Something that sets these drink holders apart is the presence of extra buoyant rafts, which means you can fit any size beverage with the utmost ease. Near the top, the diameter of the cup holder is around 3 inches, which is enough for most drinks.
The product works fine and holds your beverage snugly, but keep in mind that it may feel a bit on the expensive side, especially compared to many other similar products in this category.
- A pack of three inflatable drink holders
- Available in various designs
- Extra buoyant rafts for a better hold
- A bit on the expensive side
8. Poolmaster 32180 Spa Footbath
If you’re worried about letting dirt and grass enter your pool, you may want to invest in this spa footbath. You can use it before entering the pool and it will keep your pool water sparkling.
A good thing about this product is its textured bottom. It means there is no need to worry about slipping when using it. Moreover, you won’t face any issue in terms of quality because it uses long-wear durable plastic.
Overall, it is a useful product to have when you have an above ground pool installed in your area. Just be sure to double-check the size to ensure it suits the size of your feet.
- High-quality plastic for durability
- Textured bottom for increased safety
- Quite suitable for above-ground pools
- Maybe a bit smaller for people with very large feet
9. Poolmaster Hammock Lounge
Relaxing in your pool has never been this simple, thanks to this impressive offering from Poolmaster. This blue hammock has an impressive design with cradles keeping you slightly below the water for maximum comfort.
Durability won’t be an issue either because it is made using 12-gauge all-weather vinyl. The size is not too large, but just enough to keep you comfortable. Its compact size also enables you to roll it up quickly and use for on-the-go needs.
You will enjoy the fact that it comes with a large headrest, which allows you to maintain an upright position for added comfort. Overall, it is a nice buy, but be sure to cough up some money to enjoy what it has to offer.
- Good hammock-style design for comfort
- High-quality vinyl construction
- Compact size for easy handling
- A bit expensive
10. Aquatix Pro Pool Pole Hanger
If you’re looking for hooks for leaf rakes, skimmers, telescopic poles, or anything else, Aquatix Pro has a reasonably good solution for you. Within a few minutes, you will be able to make your outdoor space clean and presentable.
Each holder is made of heavy-duty aluminum, so there is no need to worry about rusting. Not only this, you will find aluminum brackets in the package that allow for easy installation. Screws are also included.
The product comes with a money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose when you opt for these lightweight and rust-resistant hangers. Overall, a great buy!
- Each set includes 4 pcs of hangers
- High quality aluminum for durability
- Easy to install
- A little pricey
What to Consider When Accessorizing Your Pool
Pool accessories are of different types and before making a purchase, you need to consider the nature of your pool. You will need different accessories for your in-ground and above-ground pools.
Similarly, understand that some accessories might look good but require professional installation, like pool ladders and even pool alarms. If you need something trendy and efficient, you may want to go for floatation devices because they don’t need installation.
If you’re a party animal, you may consider buying inflatable toys, hammocks, and other accessories mainly used to keep things comfortable for a group of people. Here are some essential pool accessories you may want to buy:
- Pool Rescue Accessories: Whether you use your pool by yourself or often invite friends and family to have some quality time, be sure to invest in pool rescue equipment and accessories, like a first aid kit, life jackets, spine board, and life hook.
- Pool Cleaning Accessories: For proper maintenance, don’t forget to put some money on cleaning accessories, such as chemical floaters, pool vacuum cleaners, pool brooms, and filter cartridge cleaners.
- Pool Accessories for Fun: With kids around, it makes sense to buy some playing accessories. Inflatable boats, for instance, will keep them interested. You can also buy baby floaters, beach balls, soakers, pool noodles, water blasters, and more.
- Pool Party Accessories: The range of accessories available for pool parties is quite impressive. From a cute towel, inflatable cooler, Instagram-worthy cocktail cup, to decorative floaties and waterproof speakers, you can buy anything to rock your party.
Keeping your pool clean and tidy is important, but with the right accessories, you can make it suitable not only for adults but for people of all ages too. Buying some inflatable toys, hangers, and hammocks doesn’t ask for a lot of money but these accessories will surely make your pool time more enjoyable and interesting.